Nobody wants to visit a Hospital, Right? But when we do, we find ourselves under a huge financial strain. In uncertain times like these, the best Health insurance comes in handy. The current Covid- 19 pandemic taught us that medical emergencies can arise anytime unexpectedly. A best Health insurance plan is a must now.
When we hear the phrase best Health insurance Policy, we often get confused, but Don’t worry! We are here to help you know about Health Insurance and the best health insurance policy.
A health insurance policy is a type of investment that can be used in medical emergencies. You go with a company’s best Health Insurance policy plan and pay the minimum amount according to your choice’s best health insurance plan. The payment can be monthly or yearly or according to the offers provided by different companies.
The best Health insurance plan can cover your Hospitalization fee, consultation fee, Surgery fee, post-surgery care cost, and so on. You must inform the health insurance company during a medical emergency and claim the benefit. It will cover the hospitalization-related expenses on your behalf.
You don’t have to worry about monetary issues. Just make sure that the said hospital is under the network of your health Insurance company.
Remember that each Health insurance company provides its own Health Insurance Health Plan, so While opting for the best Health insurance policy, make sure you choose the best health insurance plan to help you in unforeseen circumstances.
“Must know reasons” to Have a Best Health Insurance Plan
- Cost-effective – Getting Health treatment in good hospitals is quite expensive, but with the help of the best Health insurance policy, one can get a quality care package with no-cost
- No added monetary strain during health emergencies- We all know the stress that comes with Hospitalization, but with the help of the best Health insurance plan, one does not have to worry about the cost of treatment. That is a big plus point knowing that the treatment is costly.
- No need to worry about expensive medical care– We all worry about the medical expenses that we can not afford. But with the best Health insurance Plan, we can easily cover the costly medical bills. Let’s be clear. We all know how much toll medical bills can take on our savings.
- The best treatment with the Best facilities- Who does not want quality treatment? With the help of a health plan, you can get quality care easily.
- Need of the hour- As we all know how much Covid-19 has changed the definition of a health emergency, we need to prepare ourselves.
Benefits of the Best Health Insurance Plan-
- Complete Financial Coverage in Medical Expenses- While visiting hospitals, you don’t have to worry about paying out of your pocket. Getting a Health plan is the best gift you can give yourself.
- Outpatient and In-patient medical cost coverage– visiting the hospital for a consultation or surgery, you must inform the hospital about your health policy. Healthcare check-up coverage sounds as easy as cake.
- Emergency financial support- During unforeseen circumstances, the best Health insurance policy works as a boon as it provides us with Financial Flexibility.
- Pre and post-existing disease health insurance coverage- Many health policies provide a hundred per cent coverage to pre-existing and post-existing disease treatment within an affordable amount.
- Tax relaxation- under section 80D of the Income-tax Act, there is a tax relaxation when it comes to the best health insurance policy, so you don’t have to worry about tax deductions while paying for any best health insurance policy.
- Extension of your best health insurance policy with a bonus- If you don’t claim your insurance in any given year, the insurance amount is increased by 5% for the first year and then by 10% in the following years. This benefit is up to 50%.
- Eligible for Lifetime renewability– We often wonder about the limitations of our health insurance policy but don’t need to worry about it as Health insurance companies are supposed to provide lifetime Health Insurance coverage. So you can opt for the best health insurance plan and not worry about the expiration date and old age.
Health Plans in India
As we have already informed you about the importance of the best Health Insurance Plan, now it is important to know which Health insurance companies are providing India’s best insurance health plan. We often get confused with these technical terms because it is too difficult to search for all information about the best health insurance policy and a health plan that helps you. A health plan can be different according to age, requirement, and accessibility.
Comparison for buying the best Health insurance policy of your choice
You need to know your requirements to select a Health plan and the best health insurance policy. For example, If you are an office worker, you need an amount that does not strain your financial stability but provides your best health plan in the budget. That’s why we are here to help you so you can choose the best Health insurance plan that would be best for you. You need not worry; you can trust the reliability of our platform. We will help you know how you can differentiate between numerous Health plans. You can easily compare these Health insurance Plans here and choose the health plan that suits you best. No need to scroll through the various website because we have collected data that tells you about India’s top 10 best health insurance plans provided by Health insurance companies in India.
India’s top 10 best health insurance plans
|Name of the insurance company||Plan||Amount to be insured|
|Aditya Birla health insurance||Active assure diamond plan||From 2 lakh to 2 crore|
|Bajaj Allianz Health Insurance||Health guard plan||From 1.5 lakh to 50 lakh|
|Digital health insurance||Digital health insurance plan||From 2 lakh to 25 lakh|
|Kotak Mahindra health insurance||Kotak Health premier plan||–|
|National health insurance||National Parivar mediclaim plus||The maximum limit is 50 lakh|
|Oriental health insurance||Individual Mediclaim Health plan||From 1 lakh to 10 lakh|
|Tata AIG Health Insurance||Tata AIG Medicare Plan||From 2 lakh to 10 Lakh|
|SBI health insurance||Arogya Premier policy||From 10 lakh to 30 lakh|
|Star Health Insurance||Family Health Optima Insurance||From 1 lakh to 25 lakh|
|Reliance Health insurance||Critical illness Insurance||From 5 lakh to 10 lakh|
Inclusions in Health Insurance Plans in India
Inclusions of health insurance refer to the benefits you get within the duration of your Health Insurance policy. We know that health expense coverage is the reason we are opting for the best health insurance policy in the first place.
Here are some benefits you get with the help of your best Health Insurance policy-
- Annual Health Check Plan– Some Health Insurance companies include yearly Health care check-ups in their Health plans.
- Medical expenses for daycare procedure– Health insurance companies provide daytime healthcare treatment coverage that doesn’t require Hospitalization. It includes Minor Surgeries. For example, minor eye-related surgery and also other common surgeries mentioned in your health insurance plan policy.
- Expenditure during in-patient hospitalization– A Health insurance plan provides expenses during short or long stays during Hospitalization. The insured can claim the expenditure from the insurer; The health insurance company will cover the hospitalization expenditure.
- Coverage of Pre and post-diagnosed disease or Illness– It is not too late if you are still considering buying the best health insurance policy. You do not have to worry about the pre-existing condition that you did not know about or ignored. Your health plan can cover any diagnosed disease or illness without any time prerequisite.
- Cost of emergency ambulance services– The health insurance company provides Coverage for ambulance services. The term and conditions can differ from one company to another.
- Pre and Post-Natal Care– The health insurance company also provides the cost of delivery and expenses incurred during pregnancy. Still, this facility is provided by a few Health insurance companies.
- Cost coverage for different medical tests – Before a hospitalization, one must run tests like blood tests, CT scans, or X-rays or go through other mandatory health check-ups to diagnose a disease. Even expenses that occur after the discharge from the hospital are covered under the best health insurance policy of your choice.
- Medical care at home– A best Health insurance plan provides you Coverage for the medical expenditure while getting treatment at home.
- Coverage under the AYUSH scheme –Expenses for getting treatment under the Ayush scheme are also borne out by the Health insurer ( Health insurance Company). This includes Ayurveda, Homeopathy, Unani or Siddha treatment for a definite period.
Expenses that are not covered under a health Insurance policy –
You have to know one thing that not all cost is covered by your health insurance company. Few things do not come under your health insurance policy; this is generally known as exclusions. It means that your health insurance company will not pay for some specific expenses.
- If there is no accidental emergency, then the claim for health insurance cost coverage for the first 30 days is not covered.
- A waiting period exists to claim Coverage for any severe illness or pre-existing health conditions.
- If you get injured during any activity caused by War or Nuclear activity or any suicide attempt.
- The health insurance policy does not cover any incurable disease that will lead to someone’s death.
- A health insurance plan does not cover expenses related to eyes or dental conditions.
- Any illness that is common, like a cold, cough, sore throat, or any rehabilitation rest, is not covered under the health insurance policy.
- Expenses during post-care are not covered under the health insurance plan.
- Remember to read the terms and conditions to know the inclusions and exclusions of your health insurance policy while opting for health insurance.
Things to note before opting for a health insurance plan-
You must consider the points given below before buying the best Health Insurance policy to save yourself from any unnecessary trouble-
- The Coverage range: Before buying a health plan, you must ensure the areas are covered under the best health insurance plan. This depends on the amount you can insure for a specific health policy. You have to ensure that the benefits provided under your best health insurance plan cover the necessary demands of your choice. During the pandemic, health insurance companies also offer Coverage for treating Covid-19.
- The amount to be insured: To Buy a policy, you must ensure how much you are willing to invest in a health plan because this is a crucial factor that decides the nature of your best health insurance plan and the Coverage provided under it. With the rising cost of medical facilities, opting for a policy with a minimum health insurance plan of 10 lacs is recommended. This amount can be raised to 1 crore. To put it simply, a higher amount insured guarantees better health coverage.
- Policy type: A policy is something that will provide you with different options. You choose a health plan that is affordable and relevant to your needs. For example, there is an Insurance policy for senior citizens, individuals, families, and a particular illness.
Myths buster On health insurance Plans in India
Okay, so this is something we hear from. We know everyone who thinks investing in health policy is a waste, risky, or not worth it. Some common questions that pop up in our heads are answered below to clear any doubts-
- I don’t need health insurance because I am healthy and care for my health.
If you are healthy, then heads up, but health insurance is not only for diseases or illnesses. It is also for any accident that can happen without any prior notice. It also applies to your health; with a shifting change in our environment, we may not know when we will have a health issue.
- I am a smoker and consume alcohol, so I can’t buy health insurance!
This confusion bothers many smokers and people who drink alcohol. They think that there is not any health plan that covers them. But this is not true, as many Health Insurance companies provide health coverage to smokers and alcohol consumers. To get the benefits of a health plan, these people must undergo a strict medical examination.
- The only Hospitalization will be covered under the Health insurance plan!
There is a cost coverage for Hospitalization for more than 24 hours but at present; there are many health insurance policies covering outpatient and minor surgeries.
- My company covers my Health insurance; I don’t have to worry!
That is the most significant misunderstanding you have there! While it is okay to be happy about the health plan insurance provided by your company, it comes with a limited range of cost coverage. Your employer’s health insurance will not cover any family members, nor can it cover any critical health condition.
Things that are considered before a Health Insurance Policy Premium
The best health insurance policy works as a support system in any health emergency, so it is essential to know the key factors that Health Insurance companies consider before selling a Health Plan Policy.
- Medical History of Buyer– The buyer considers all the past-related medical factors for eligibility to get the best health insurance policy from the health plan provider.
- Your gender and age –best Health insurance policy premiums are available at a comparatively low price for women and young applicants. It is good if you get a health plan at a young age. Older adults are prone to diseases, so their health plan is high.
- Policy Term– There are many policy terms available for different time slots.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q1. Diseases that are not covered under a Health Insurance Policy?
Life-threatening diseases can not be cured, like AIDS, conditions that are venereal in nature, STDs, dental related treatments.
Q2. How to choose health insurance coverage?
Based on your lifestyle, profession, existing health conditions, medical history, age, etc.
Q3. Can I have the best health insurance policy for pre-existing diseases?
As we told you, a health plan can cover any pre-existing health issues. It comes with a twist. While filling out the personal information form, you must clearly state all the pre-existing health conditions you suffer from; otherwise, you can not claim Coverage for any unmentioned pre-health conditions.
Q4. I have the best health insurance policy; I do not have to worry about “any” other expenses.
Not all expenses are covered even with a health insurance policy because even the best health insurance policy has a particular area where it can provide financial assistance. Reading all the service areas offered under a health insurance policy is essential.
Q5. Do I get surgery coverage and modern medical treatment with the best health insurance policy?